I don't see a lock rotation setting in Settings -> General. To set lock rotation, I go into the Control center. You can do this by touching the top of the screen in the status bar, such as where the time is displayed. Do a three finger swipe up after you've touched the status bar. The lock rotation option is in that list. You can toggle it on or off. Even if you have lock rotation set on, some apps will still switch to landscape mode, such as Solara and netflix, but you shouldn't switch to landscape mode just by rotating your iPhone.