The iPad has more popups than the phone, annoying at times I must say.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:28 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: pop up in search box

It's possible I could have something set to explain why I'm not seeing this
pop up on my iPhone, but I can't imagine what that setting would be. I also
haven't seen anyone else mention this issue.

When you start entering your text with hand writing mode, have you already
double tapped in the edit field to give it focus and put yourself in editing
mode?

Also, when entering your characters, are you using any gesture after each
character, such as a double tap? You probably already know this but you
should just draw your letter 'b' and after you hear VoiceOver announce 'b'
then you should just draw your next letter, like 'l'
without any other gestures in between.

On 11/24/2013 03:56 PM, Pinky wrote:
> I am using an IPad when this happens but I don't think that would make
> any difference.  Would you by chance have something turned off.  I
> might have to get my wife to look at the screen and see what is
> popping up.  All I know is it does it every time I use the handwriting
> mode and when I enter the first letter.
>
> Ed

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail