Yes, it doesn't come with one.

Best Regards,

Rick alfaro

On 12/22/2013 9:53 PM, Robert Doc Wright wrote:
Will I need to purchase the HDMI cable separately from the Apple TV?
***
   When you give unto others whether or not they give to you in return, It
matters not for your job is  Complete  and your rewards forthcoming.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alf...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: apple tv and voiceover

Larry,

In that case I suggest you give Apple support a call. I have my Apple TV
plugged into my HT receiver via HDMI. In fact I have several other
components connected to the receiver via HDMI. I only have 1 HDMI cable
going from the HDMI out port on my receiver to the HDMI 1 port on my TV.
There is no digital out cable used at all and VO has no lag whatsoever.
I honestly don't know what else to suggest other than to take the
digital out connection out of the mix completely which could very
possibly be confusing the Apple TV into not allowing audio via the HDMI
connection which is just a guess on my part.

Best Regards,

Rick alfaro