Sieghard,

I would definitely use a select all if it was available. I use imap and typically read most of my email on my desktop pc but for some reason, even though I delete them as I read them on my desktop, they still remain on my iDevices so as a result, I sometimes have hundreds of emails in my IOS inboxes. Do I have something setup incorrectly perhaps?

Best Regards,

Rick alfaro

Hi Robert and others,

The ability to "Delete All" in the Trash folder has been there for a long
time. I personally couldn't care less whether there is a Delete All option
in the Inbox because at no time ever do I want to delete all my email. Of
course this depends on how you setup your mail accounts and I could see how
you might want to do this if you use POP where you also download the
messages on a computer. However, if you sync a mail account using IMAP or
Exchange/Exchange Active Sync, then you typically delete the messages you
don't want and leave those you do want because deleting all messages would
also delete them for good from all your other devices. I always have at
least 2 or 3 and sometimes 10 or 15 messages in my personal Inbox and
between 10 and 100 in my business Inbox and these are things I need to deal
with before I delete them or move them to a folder.
I know this question has come up before, but I wonder how many people would
actually use a Delete All option. Of course Apple could provide it making
sure to ask for at least one confirmation because the last thing you want to
do is accidently delete all your mail out of the Inbox although hopefully
you would notice the mistake and be able to get it back from the Trash
before you empty it.