Hi, can't speak for Ben, but below are some of the reasons why jailbreaking isn't quite as sexy as it used to be for me. Other than the Google Voice integration, which is still the primary reason for me to do it, the reasons below no longer seem important.

iOS added the control center. Much of this functionality used to be done with SBSettings, now the Control Center takes care of that.

iOS added the ability to block callers via messages, phone, or Facetime. Previously you had to use a jailbreak tweak to get this functionality.

iOS added ability for more than 12 apps per folder. Again, jailbreak tweaks were needed to get this.

Do you see the pattern? Apple might openly say that jailbreaking is akin to going to hell, yet new features in iOS 7 give you functionality which jailbreakers have enjoyed for years. So, Apple I think sees that some of the things which iOS 7 now does might not be so bad and that jailbreakers have the right idea.

Once Apple adds custom gestures to open apps or do neat things like toggle wi-fi or whatever, then there will be no more need for Activator, another wonderful jailbreak tweak.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
It's all about perspective. The sinking of the Titanic was a miracle to the lobsters in the ship's kitchen. - Sheldon Cooper