As I said, I don't have a problem with these messages. It's clear that this app they're talking about is a GPS app, so if you're interested, click to read more and if not hit the delete key. I don't think either action is particularly onerous. I frequently click on a message, such as in updates from LinkedIn, to find out what is being discussed. I also frequently hit the delete key instead of following a link or looking something up on Google since I'm just not interested enough. I typically don't waste list traffic by complaining about having to hit my delete key half a dozen times though. As I said below, these links don't take you to complex hard to navigate sites. They're straight forward, and I've been clicking on each link and taking the second or two to see which app they're writing about.

I haven't tabulated the numbers, but we're talking about five messages so far and a total of no more than ten. I'm sure I've deleted more messages complaining about this than there will be messages in total. It's interesting to see how people choose to invest their time.

On 01/26/2014 04:32 PM, DJ wrote:
Then why can't they be a bit more up front about their promos?  Putting
their messages at the top of the email instead of the bottom, and simply
telling us what they want us to know would be the polite thing to do.  Don't
you think?

DJ

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 4:19 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Taking a walk? Don't leave home without this!

These posts and blog entries are coming from Fedora Outlier and How to
be blind, both respected groups in this field and on this list. I'm sure
they're trying to encourage traffic to their sites, and their articles
have a "drum roll please" feel to them to try to build suspense. I don't
have a problem with these messages coming to the list as is. I don't
think hitting the delete key on five messages so far, and ten in total,
is that big a deal if you aren't interested. I also don't think hitting
enter to follow a link is that much hardship on anyone who is
interested. The site is simply laid out and easy to navigate with a browser.