From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Terrie Terlau
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2014 11:35 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Iphone Crash, Need Help Recovering

Hello everyone,
I am sorry if this message comes through twice. I checked the archives on
line and did not see it there and it did not come to my inbox, so am sending
it again in case it did not arrive on the list.

I'm running iPhone 5 with iOS 6; have not updated yet. However, when my
phone recovers, I will do so posthaste! I suspect that I would have more
options for fixing the problem described below with iOS 7.

Last night, I launched File Browser and all functionality except Siri, the
alarm, and making phone calls  with Siri is gone. I can't shut the phone
off; I have no sounds except with Siri; I have no speech from VO except with
Siri where VO works fine with all the gestures. I can call out by telling
Siri to call a contact. After that, I have a working keypad where I can dial
extensions. I can receive calls and while I am talking I have VO and
gestures work. However, when the call ends, everything is dead again.
nothing else works except that I get the buzz tone when I put the phone on
mute.

I thought I knew how to reboot -- holding down the home and on-off buttons
at the same time for several seconds. I have done this several times with no
affect. I have also charged the phone all night and there is no change.
Siri can't look things up on the web; when I ask her to tell me how to
reboot the phone, she goes to the web and then I have the totally silent
screen with no voice and no sounds.

If anyone can help, I would very much appreciate it. If a power user can't
help in an email, I can call someone's phone with Skype on my PC and would
pay for an expert's time if this was not a quick fix. Thanks very very much!
After I recover from this, I am going to update!!!!!!!
Thanks again for your help,
Terrie Terlau and a Very Sad iPhone -- or is that a very sad Terrie Terlau
-- or both . . .