assuming I choose set to factory default on the iPod and then connect to
iTunes, will I have the option of choosing an IOS version other than 7?  I've
never operated IOS 7 before.  I'd love to set this thing at IOS6 if I could.
Is that possible?  And, I assume that, if I do this, I won't have any effect on
my wife's e-mail accounts that were on this iPod and which are still on her
iPhone 4 and iPad 2 as iMAP.  Remember, they were POP3 on this iPod.

thanks,
Kevin