Backups don't include the operating system. It isn't a system image backup. Apple is no longer signing the 7.0.6 images, so there is no way to downgrade now. Here's an article talking about it http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/03/11/can-you-downgrade-from-ios-7-1-to-ios-7-0-6/

On 03/13/2014 06:19 PM, Arnold Schmidt wrote:
If you did an encrypted backup to your computer before upgrading, I
would think you could restore your phone, using this backup, and it
would be restored to the previous IOS.  Or, I guess you could use your
ICloud backup, but it wouldn't restore as much as the encrypted backup.
Other than these, I don't think there is a way to go back.

Arnold Schmidt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rebecca Ilniski" <rilni...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:22 PM
Subject: is there a way to downgrade?

Sub says it all.  I'm not happy with 7.1 especially because it's
impossible to use my amazon basics bluetooth keyboard.  I don't mind
using mbraille but that's hard to do if the phone is charging and I'm
lying in my bed with the keyboard.  Is there a way to downgrade?  I
can't believe Apple let this release go as far as the bluetooth
keyboards.  I'd like to downgrade and won't plan upgrading until this
bug gets fixed.  It's ridiculous.

--
Rebecca and Zeb
email: rilni...@gmail.com