From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 5:17 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Disenchanted with itunes Backup and Upgrade

Christopher, thanks so much for your detailed post and I think you hit on
the issue as to why our restore from the iTunes backup made the day before
did not include her apps. I'm sure that a sync between iPhone and computer
from within iTunes was not done before we started her upgrade. Therefore,
the backup we made would not have included her apps and any other related
data that wouldn't get from the phone to iTunes without a sync. I mistakenly
assumed that anything on the phone would be backed up to iTunes when
connecting to the computer using the cable and running an encrypted backup
within iTunes. So now I'm left being the ass as stated in that old adage
about assuming.

For the couple of others who posted, we did do the restore twice but still
had no apps. As she is reinstalling her apps, her customized folders do
appear to be coming back as the apps they held are being reinstalled so that
is good.

I would urge anyone using iTunes to back up their phone or other iDevices to
the computer to make sure you've synced it a time or two to make sure
everything on the phone is indeed in your iTunes library and being backed
up.

Alan Lemly