If I'm going to launch a browser directly, I launch Google Chrome. I find it a bit faster than Safari, and I like the fact that my favorites are synced with my other systems. I know I could do this with iCloud, but I use Chrome and Firefox on my other systems instead of Internet Explorer and Safari. I also had a problem in a previous version of IOS where double tapping on a link in Safari would double tap on some other text on the page. This just got me into the habit of using Google Chrome.

All that being said, since Safari is the default browser, and this can't be changed in IOS, if I double tap on a link in a message and Safari comes up then I'll just stay in Safari.