yes, it was totally amazing! at the time, Ray envisioned something about the size of a briefcase. Ray has been a wonderful friend to the blind, and will continue to be, as long as he lives, which I hope is a really long time yet. Ray also hopes this. He wants to live to be 150 years old. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marianne Denning" <maria...@denningweb.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: KNFB Reader, First Impressions

Ray Kurzweil has not been involved in the Kurzweil company for many
years and I don't believe Kurzweil Educational Systems had anything to
do with the development of the KNFB Reader.  NFB provided significant
funding for the original Kurzweil machine back in the 1970s.  We have
come a long way since it was a free standing machine that cost $50,000
and all it would do is read scanned documents.  Now it is a $100.00
app on your IPhone.