From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Shannon Dyer
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:45 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: a couple things that are baffling me about IOS8 on an iPhone6

Hi, all.

I just got an iPhone6 on Friday. This is my first phone with touch Id
capability, but I can't get it to work. I keep placing and lifting my finger
on the home button, as the phone directs. I then get this message about
adjusting my grip and "keep going to capture the edge of your print". I
double tap on continue and then place and lift my finger again and again.
Eventually, it tells me touch Id is ready. I have touch ID set to unlock my
phone. However, when I lock the phone, and place my finger on the home
button, nothing happens. The phone doesn't unlock. It doesn't even ask if I
want it to unlock. It just sits there.

Also, the onscreen braille keyboard refuses to work for me. It tells me I
need to calibrate dot placement by pressing dots 4, 5, and 6 followed
immediately by dots 1, 2, and 3. This would be all well and good if I could
locate dots 1, 2, and 3. 4, 5, and 6 seem to be no problem. Basically, the
keyboard is pretty useless to me as it is. I don't understand about
calibrating, and, no matter how hard I try, I can't figure out the dot
placement.

Can anyone offer advice on either of these issues? If so, I'd appreciate the
assistance.

Shannon