Thanks Christopher, this does work. But how can I get rid of the keyboard? I only want to see the keyboard if I choose to type a message. I do not want to see it all the time.

Thanks,
Sherry Wells

-----Original Message----- From: Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:53 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Stuck in an Edit Screen for Text Messages

In addition to what was said below, even when the virtual keyboard is
up, I can still go back and review my previous exchange of text
messages. If I start from a recent message displayed on the screen, I
can swipe left and go back through the list of previous messages in
reverse chronological order. Note that using the various page advancing
gestures didn't have any effect and just exploring the screen or swiping
right from the top only got me to a few messages that were actually
displayed on the screen. Like I said, I had to swipe left from a message
on the screen to scroll back through previous messages.