Hi Charles and Pablo,

I think Microsoft and Apple should hire you guys since you appear to have deep
insight in how an OS should be developed and what features it should have. The
point here is that companies don't always know how people will react to a
product. Yes, you can do focus groups and surveys and yet something still might
be a total bust. Windows 8 was released because Microsoft is trying to gap the
bridge between their desktop OS and the mobile OS  they use on their phones.
Windows 10 will further complete this step and yes, they realized that
especially businesses like the desktop although I have a lot of sighted friends
who love Windows 8 and even more like 8.1 and the approach with metro apps and
tiles and so on. In the end the consumers reaction drives innovation and what
things will be like. In a small way this is no different in my retail store.
You think it should be easy to bring in the products that are good and which
people like and will buy. Unfortunately, however, I including my staff may
think a certain product is totally cool and in the end nobody buys it. This is
just human nature and organizations are made up of humans so mistakes are
happen and will continue to happen. If Microsoft had said "Oh, Windows 7 is
great, it doesn't get better than that so let's just leave it alone for the
next 10 years" they would be out of business. Why are their product recalls on
things which have been around for decades? Cars have been around for a hundred
years and sometimes there are major recalls because of some faulty part which
manufacturers should know how to get right, but it still happens. That's just
how things are and as the Borg would say "resistance is futile" *smile*.