Hi,
I heard on a podcast that Apple is aware of the problem and is working on it.

On 11/30/2014 10:28 PM, SoonerAnnie wrote:
Hi all,

Something strange has been happening to my sister and me the last couple of
days and I am at a loss as to how to proceed. A couple or so weeks ago I
purchased a ring tone from the iTunes store and downloaded it with absolutely
no problems as usual. Yesterday my sister and I both wanted some Christmas ring
tones, so we proceeded to purchase and download them. We set them to be our
default ringtones (we each only downloaded one) and everything was okay for a
couple hours or so. Then suddenly hers...and then mine...began using the
default ring tone, and the tones we bought were nowhere in sight! I have family
sharing, so was the one who purchased hers, but that shouldn't have caused a
problem, I wouldn't think. All the other ring tones I have purchased are with
my other ring tones, but not the one I purchased yesterday evening. So, I went
back to the iTunes store and purchased them again, even though the message came
up that I had already purchased it and would I like to buy it again. I said yes
because I was unable to find them anywhere...and the same thing happened...at
least to me. As of tonight, my sister's second attempt at downloading hers is
still holding, though it seems pretty precarious. When she checks in settings,
sounds, ring tones, it shows that her default ring tone is the default IOS ring
tone. But when she clicks on that, VoiceOver says that the Christmas ring tone
is selected...and it still does play when her phone rings. But we are afraid
that if we change her ring tone, it will disappear once more. When I go into my
purchases in the iTunes store, it shows everything except tones! Why are they
so elusive...and how can I keep tones from running away from me? Inquiring
minds want to know! If anyone has any experiences, thoughts, suggestions, etc.,
etc., etc., I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time to read.

Regards,

Ann