OK, it sounds to me like you are trying to do too much before you have learned 
the basics.
I'd recommend the book, Getting Started with the iphone that you can purchase 
from national Braille Press at the following link:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/IPHONE-IOS7.html
You can download the book as a text file, or choose whatever format you want.  
It will be the best $12.00 you've spent.
There are settings for how long the phone is active until it locks or you can 
set it to never lock so you have to remember to lock it when you are not using 
it.
But, if you haven't gotten the basic gestures down, you probably need to take 
some time to get familiar with them.
There are lists of them all over the place, but I'll paste one version below.  
You may want to first learn how to go into help mode and practice the gestures 
on the screen so they won't do anything, but will tell you what they do.  It 
sounds like you may have a Bluetooth keyboard, if so, VO+K will start the help 
mode.  Or, if you don't have a keyboard, do a 4 finger double tap and repeat 
that gesture to get out of help mode.
The gestures below are separated into  one finger, two finger, etc.  

iOS VO Gestures

1 Finger Gestures

 Gesture  Action
        Touch or move around the screen         Speaks and select the item 
under your finger
        Double Tap: Tap 2 times fast    Activate the selected item. (open app, 
press button)
        Pass Through: Tap 2 times and hold      Activates "drag-mode" (move 
icons, swipe-delete)
        Triple Tap: Tap 3 times fast    Double presses a button (see tip below)
        Swipe left or right     Selects the previous or next item
        Swipe up or down        Performs whatever action the rotor is set to. 
(See rotor in the Two Finger gestures)
Note: Tap 2 times on the clock in status bar to scroll to top in any app.

 
2 Finger Gestures

 Gesture  Action
        Split Tap: Hold 1 finger & tap with another     Select when dragging, 
activate with tap (aka split-tap)
        Touch: Tap once         Pause/resume speech
        Double Tap: Tap 2 times fast    Performs special action
        Tap 2 times and hold    Add label to selected item
        Triple Tap: Tap 3 times         Open Item Chooser for current area
        Swipe up        Read all from first object in selected area
        Swipe down      Read all from selected item
        Scrub back and forth    Go back, cancel, close pop-up
        Pinch out/in    Select/deselect
        Rotor: Place two fingers on the screen like you were going to turn a 
knob, hold them against the screen and twist left or right         Select the 
next or previous rotor item
Note for iPad: You can use the scrub gesture to split/merge keyboard when it's 
selected

 
3 Finger Gestures

 Gesture  Action
        Tap once        Speaks the current page number and position
        Double Tap: Tap 2 times fast    Toggle speech on/off (good for braille 
use)
        Triple Tap: Tap 3 times fast    Toggle screen curtain on/off (VO works 
but screen is off)
        Swipe left or right     Move to previous or next horizontal screen/page
        Swipe up or down        Move/scroll down or up (like moving a paper)
Note: To open notification center select the status bar and swipe 3 fingers 
down. In iOS 7, touch the status bar and swipe up to open the Control Center.  
Also 3 fingers up/down works for pulling down to refresh in many apps. (but can 
be a problem in some. (like Facebook side bar)

 
4 and 5 Finger Gestures

 Gesture  Action
        Tap the upper half with 4 fingers       Select the first item in the 
area
        Tap the lower half with 4 fingers       Select the last item in the area
Double Tap      Turns on VoiceOver help.  Double tap again with four fingers to 
turn off help.

(Originally from: 
http://axslab.com/articles/ios-voiceover-gestures-and-keyboard-commands.php )

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Deidre Muccio
Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2014 8:09 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Tune In Radio

Thank you Richard. I managed to do what you said but I still need to know
how the app presents its pages. For example when I open Tune In Radio will
it take me to a particular place or open to what I was listening to last?
        Then, how do I get it to simply log a favorite station but not a
particular program on that station? How in the world did I set it to find a
particular person's radio slot and one I hate on top of it all? I liked it
when it simply told me the name of the program that was running at that
time.
It seemed that a few days ago I had no trouble finding the local radio
station location or my profile but now I seem to be stuck in a place maybe a
particular radio station and I can't find the controls or get back to a
place where it says exit now playing or choose a different station either
from my profile or another list. Then there are those tabs and I don't know
how to use them. I can't believe how easy it is to get confused by this. 
        Lastly who finds it useful to constantly have to unlock their screen
when they are not actively touching their phone? I'm reading off my computer
to try things but if I don't touch it for what seems like a mere minute, the
phone is constantly locking itself back up. Am I nuts or what? 

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All 
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All 
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to