Hi Christian, Dhruv, Vinayak, & all,

Interesting.  In Boston, we have tried doing some remote hubs during the
last 2 IETFs.  This has been primarily routing related WGs and hosted at
Juniper in Westford.   While they're public, I think most of the attendance
has been from Juniper folks, because they are there, hear about it more
easily, and are more interested.

In addition, we've had a couple get-togethers in Cambridge - one to
celebrate Scott Bradner's retirement and another social lunch.   We're
trying to pull together a meet-up with a few short technical presentations
and then potentially dinner afterwards.

In this area, we have a good number of experienced IETFers but reaching out
to pull new people in is more challenging.  It's also not completely clear
what will excite others enough to come to an event.  The social lunch did
have lively discussion, including of course IETF tech topics.

I'm thinking that focusing on remote hubs during IETF isn't as useful for
us, because a lot of the active folks are at IETF and the time-zone
differences are hard.

I'm also wondering about identifying/asking for community organizers to
focus on planning a few events (1 or 2 between IETFs) and think about how
to get the word out.

It sounds like this is a different approach, though very similar in some
ways of trying to add talks and interaction.

Thoughts?
Alia