I did not participate in the email-to-DSF-fest the last
few days, but I am happy to see you managed to get
DSF fixed without my help. :-)

Today I noticed another strange (to me) R/W requirement,
and having read about DSF's nefarious under-the-covers
attacks, it scared me.

We recently added some DASD (for that OtherSystem)
and I am setting up PPRC mirroring.
In order to get the required info for the ESTPAIR
function, the ICKDSF manual told me to run
   CONTROL CONFIGURE(DISPLAY)

This command is also a *query* style operation, which is
supposed to give me various CU and device info.
It should NOT be updating anything at all. So, why did
it refuse to work without having the disk R/W?

Having read the stories here, I was worried, but...
I gave in and gave it R/W access. Did it do anything
to my disk? How would I even know?! But I think this
also ought to work with a R/O link.

Shimon