Hello Craig, hello Peter,

as for VMS::Logical on the Freeware: I think I should know that ;-)
Seriously, VMS::Logical was on my wishlist for the freeware V6 and is
currently on my ToDo list for the next freeware kit. This is one of the
reasons I am looking for it right now ;-)

As for the Patch/CPAN: I do still have the mail with the Patch in my
mailfolder on disk:-), I just need the original to apply the patch
against. Anybody has one by chance? I might be able to polish the
module up so it could be submitted, but would prefer if somebody who
already has an account could do the final submission.

Greetings, Martin

> From: IN%"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 29-APR-2004 18:04:20.25
> Subj: RE: Current Status and location of VMS::Logical?

> "Dr. Martin P.J. Zinser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote on 04/28/2004 06:56:10 PM:
>
> > subject says it all:-) I am looking for a place to find the VMS::Logicals
>
> > module (vmsbox.cjb.net does not work for me), as well as for information
> > on its current status.
>
> You bring up an important topic.  The original author,
> Forrest Cahoon, does have a CPAN account as can be seen at e.g.:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~forrest/
>
> From which you'll see that he has a semi active blog and
> now appears to like writing perl code on Linux.  He has
> a GPG key at:
>
> http://www.abstractfactory.org/forrest/gpg_key.html
>
> I think that I tried back in February 2004 to get a hold of
> Forrest, but I do not recall having succeeded with plain email
> (neither gpg nor pgp signed) to any of his old addresses that
> he had used to post to vmsperl.
>
> I suggested a patch way back in:

> I think the module needs to be on CPAN.  If Forrest can't
> do it (perhaps he moved and does not have access to VMS anymore?)
> then someone else should.  Are there any volunteers out there?
>
> Peter Prymmer

Dr. Martin P.J. Zinser                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Deutsche Boerse Systems Inc.
233 South Wacker Drive                       Tel: +1-312-544-1027
Suite 2455                                   FAX: +1-312-544-1301
Chicago, IL, 60606
USA                                          Private:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]