Carl
I would be interested to try out your procedure.
Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Friedberg [mailto:friedb...@exs.esb.com]
Sent: 23 March 2011 18:46
To: 'Craig A. Berry'; Black, Andrew (Global Products Unit)
Cc: 'vmsperl@perl.org'
Subject: RE: Building VMS Perl

Craig & Andrew,

I have a procedure I use to build the latest release, which I run from batch.

 It needs some work. Andrew, if you wish, I'll forward it to you with some
comments.

I have these issues which I will research and report back to the group (all
with VMS 8.3 on alpha):

(1) my batch script generates 2 batch logs with the same name. One from
configure; the other from the main build and test script. Craig made some
changes to configure.com which should have fixed this;  I will dig in and
report back.

(2) the tests hang on (all flavors of 5-12)

ext/Devel-SelfStubber/t/Devel-SelfStubber

I will try again with that test removed from manifest. (is that the recommended
way to skip a test?)

(3) I am still building with -Uuseperlio because of previous issues (since
5-10) with extraneous line endings inserted when processing long lines ( Martin
Z. and Craig have worked that; apparently there's an extra line ending every
4048 characters ).

Carl Friedberg
(212) 798-0718
www.esb.com