I would find it really useful to have ssh access to a VMS system for testing
perl. Specifically, I'm keen to be able to be able to test tweaks the build
system on all of *nix, VMS and Windows so that I don't break anything.
*nix isn't a problem as I have access to pretty much everything interesting
(except Solaris on Sparc, and arguably Tru64, but they generally don't
cause build problems). Win32 is already covered by smoke-me smokers.
This leaves VMS.

It seems that one can get free ssh accounts on for VMS on the Deathrow
cluster - see http://gein.vistech.net/

However, they state that one can only use it to do things acceptable under
the Hobbyist License, because that's the terms of their licence from DEC,
er Compaq, er HP to run VMS.

It's unclear to me whether what I'm doing would be hobbyist, given that I'm
being paid. This distinction *is* relevant, because I know that being paid
disqualifies one from getting free licences to use Intel's icc, even when
one is being paid to work on Open Source. So I'd like to check.

But, I can't find the terms of the Hobbyist License *anywhere*.
Does anyone have or can point me to a copy that I can read?

Nicholas Clark