Hi all!

Just a little (pre-)announcement...

At this year's YAPC::EU the german VAXman persuaded me into attempting a port
of Parrot to VMS.
While I'm still fighting my way through the build process, I already do have a
working parrot.exe:

$ mcr []parrot -"V"
This is Parrot version 4.9.0-devel built for IA64-vms
Copyright (C) 2001-2012, Parrot Foundation.

This code is distributed under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0.
For more details, see the full text of the license in the LICENSE file
included in the Parrot source tree
$

All changes needed to get the build going on VMS will eventually appear on
https://github.com/parrot/parrot
And as VAXman is a big fan of VAXen, I will keep compatability towards OpenVMS
VAX 7.2 in mind
(as that's what his main machine FAFNER.dyndns.org is running under).

cu,
Martin