On Dec 21, 2012, at 5:04 PM, Thomas Pfau <tfp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A Google search for "vms perl" returns www.sidhe.org/vmsperl/ and
> www.vmsperl.com/ among the top results.  Neither of these has current
> information about Perl on VMS.  The first refers to Perl 5.6.1 (released in
> 2000) and the other contains no information at all.
>
> Could we get some more recent information about Perl on VMS on one of these
> sites or create a new site for this purpose?  Or are we relying on HP to keep
> vital information updated on their VMS Perl page?  I'll volunteer some time
> to get this off the ground if others are interested and someone provides a
> server.

Bless you, that would be fabulous.  I was not aware of the vmsperl.com domain;
I would guess it's just someone parking on it.

The sidhe.org site is owned by Dan Sugalski.  I used to have access to it
(maybe I still do) but I'm afraid I've never found time to do anything with it.
 I vaguely recall someone else volunteering to update it a few years ago, but
that never happened.

There are places to follow what's going on, such as this mailing list, or
seeing what I've been up to in git history:
<http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git?a=search&h=HEAD&st=author&s=craigberry>.
But it would be very nice to have a simple, friendly site that would show up in
web searches.

The perl.org site is looking rather nice these days and I'd be willing to ask
if we could get vmsperl.perl.org or perl.org/vmsperl and just use their
stylesheets and so on.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigbe...@mac.com

 difficult than getting in."