Level 3 is a big wholesale route for a lot of smaller IXC carriers and VoIP providers, so when they fix it, you'll probably see immense improvement.

On 07/15/2014 02:10 PM, Adam Vocks wrote:
I'm really hoping Level3 is having a routing issue with our code.  Some
tried a call on level3 to us which failed.  Odd things is that Level3 is
directly connected to the Tandem we subtend.  I wouldn't think Level3
would send it off their network???

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: VoiceOps [mailto:voiceops-boun...@voiceops.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Timmins
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:30 PM
To: voiceops@voiceops.org
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] New Exchange 217/777

What's worse really is not that you have to look at ILEC tandems out of
area - they don't perform any route filtering, if the originating caller
is calling out of area, it gets sent to their PIC/LPIC LD carrier.

So what you really need is every IXC in the country to make sure they
have a route to you either directly, through whatever tandem homing
arrangements you have, or via another IXC (really common especially in
rural areas to see a Level 3/Global Crossing hand off to
Qwest/AT&T/Verizon for the final termination.).

-Paul