> 1.  well, since theres been testifiying in front of
> congress and leaks
> and unaltered originals sent to media, yeah,
> actually, we do know for
> sure.

I'm just saying there is a lot more to this whole
situation than meets the eye, on both sides.

> 2.  the us is a signatory to the un.  the us has
> agreed to the uns
> controll in issues that are not about defense.  in
> fact, the whole
> reason we went into iraq was becuase of them
> supposedly not doing WHAT
> THE UN ORDERED.  so, we went to war, ignoring un
> dictates, becuase of
> un dictates.  sure, that makes sense.

Let me get this straight: you are saying that the UN
has control over all US issues except those of
defense? I hope I read that wrong. Personally, I am
all for the US 'disobeying' the UN, if this is the
case. The US belongs to us, the citizens of the US.
Not to the rest of the world. As far as what the UN
ordered, I do not really care, I do not take orders
from the UN.

> 3.  not touching..

;)

> 4.  it would send a greatmessage to potential allies
> though.

Such as? Let's all be pushovers together?

> 5.  so, your the kind of person, if someone cuts you
> off in traffic,
> you go and cut someone else off, and blame it on teh
> guy that cut you
> off?

Where in the hell did you get THAT from what I wrote?
No I don't do things like that, why would I? It would
be pointless and stupid. Traffic actions have nothing
to do with baseless attacks against a civilian populus
whatsoever.

> Saddam and iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.
> NOTHING to do with
> Al Quaeda.

Maybe so, maybe not. I would be hard pressed to trust
anything said or 'discovered' from over there.
Regardless, the man was absolutely terrible, and it is
a good thing he has been taken out of power.

> Osama bin laden HATES Saddam, becuase he
> ran iraq as a non
> secular state.  Al Quaeda had been known to bomb
> targets in Iraq
> because of that.

The statement "my enemies' enemy is my friend" is not
true most of the time, particularly when dealing with
nations like Iraq and present company.

> who complains that
> the troops and
> equipment that were sent to afghanistan, where those
> who attacked us
> actually ARE, were pulled out and sent to iraq.
> ohh, wait.  i do.
> thats right.

You do? How about close friends who I have not seen
for over a year, who have been nearly killed (maybe
some have been), whose families have worried daily
about them, and who upon return now face being sent
back? These guys, the ones who are now able to
communicate with me again, have told me stories from
'over there', and many of these stories are rather
grim. We all tend to agree, it should have been
handled more swiftly. It is also interesting that,
from what they have told me, the average Iraqi they
have talked to seems quite glad to be rid of Saddam.
Oh, but I forgot...these guys aren't the media, so
they aren't to be trusted. They are just the ones who
have been mortared, bombed and shot at for a year.

> 6. iraq didnt "butcher" its own people.  its human
> rights records
> against protests suck, but the "mass graves" are
> those kurds who we
> told to revolt, and that wed help them, and then we
> abandoned them.

Well, the US was wrong for not helping like we
promised to. I am not saying the US is always right.
Alot of the time it is wrong, and has done some
incredibly stupid and irrational things.

> it was a civil war, and any country has the right to
> defend its
> integrity in a civil war.

By killing its own people in droves? Saddam is a mass
murderer, to deny this and to deny that it is good
that he is no longer in power is insanity.

As to UN sanctions preventing aid, and stupid laws in
the US (there are many), I agree, these things are
ridiculous, and should be stopped. In any case, it
would not be so bad to have allowed help to those in
need...if the ruling body of the people being given
aid suddenly seized the imports and began to use them
for weapons production of some kind, then you get rid
of said ruling body.

<snip input on the Universal Service Act>

Interesting points. Unfortunately, this thing has the
potential to be taken off the proverbial deep end, if
implemented.

> 8.  nope, its real.  but misstated and fearmongered
> on line

Someone should notify Symantec...its the newest online
fear-virus, courtesy of the US congress. ;)

> lets all sing now!  kumbaya my non denominational
> lord and/or insert
> faith or lack thereof here, kumabaya!

Interesting way to put things....this particular way
of speaking has become popular nowadays, it seems,
particularly with the younger generations, including
my own (which I will politely decline affiliation
with). Personally, I am strong enough to not be
offended when someone prays to Buddha in my presence,
or says "May Allah bless you", or whatever the case
may be. Our modern society is too obsessed with making
sure that they don't offend someone with what they
say. Are we now a society of babies with our poor
little feelings to get hurt by what the bad man said?
"He said 'Christ' in public, he's trying to force me
to be a christian, waaaaah." "I don't like it that you
have xxxxxxxx clothing brand on, I demand that all the
children be force to wear one uniform and
look/think/act/react alike." It's all great stuff. And
probably bad for progress and free thinking.

Then again, you might have been just kidding with the
modification to Kumbaya. Be rather unmelodic to sing
it that way... ;)

> now then.  the x prize has been won, and st helens
> has a stomach ache.
>  other than that, dunno.

"Mount St. Helens erupted again! Blew the top clean
off, eebedeyedbede that's all, folks!" --Johnny
Carson, portraying Walter Cronkite speaking in the
voice of Porky Pig.

--Kyle