Title: Re: ionizing radiation
In terms of water waves, would a "scalar wave" be a ripple
on the surface of swell wave.

Harry

Merlyn at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm sorry Baron, but what!?!

The EM spectrum is as follows:
3 - 30 Hz  ELF
30 - 300 Hz  ULF
3 - 30 kHz  VLF
30 kHz - 30 GHz  Radio
 This is a wavelength of 10km - 1cm
Above Radio frequencies it is typically listed by wavelength rather than frequency.
30 - .76 micrometers  Infrared and Heat
.76 - .39 micrometers  Visible Light
.39 - .032 micrometers  Ultra Violet
320 - .1 Angstroms  X-Rays
.01 - .006 Angstroms  Gamma Rays

shielding of a cable from frequencies higher than ULF is easily accomplished by a metal conduit.

Yes, they have engineered materials which have an effective index of refraction which is negative.  What this has to do with shielding of fiber-optic cables is beyond me.  Of course, I don't believe in Scalar waves either, so you can just consider me to be a hidebound reactionary and a more or less "conventional" physicist who refuses to admit the validity of your position.