This is hardly surprising since the whole field of
anthropology has mostly been a major fraud.  The
shining saints of anthropology, Boaz and Mead, have
had their entire works exposed as fraudulent.

Margaret Mead really established the tone of
anthropological study with her major work, "Coming
of age in Samoa."  She drew a portrait of a tribal
society whose characteristics were as she wished them
to be, rather than the way they were.  I notice
that after all this time, anthropology departments
are working hard to rehabilitate her just because,
well, she's still politically correct.

And then we have the ongoing fraud that must have
lasted for decades.  That was that the Maya were an
enlightened, non-violent society.  Individual
anthropologists would privately say that they knew
this to be nonsense, but the herd mentality persisted,
and unsuspecting students were taught this with
wide-eyed worshipful acceptance.

Perhaps the most glaring example of this sort of behavior
in recent times was the "discovery" the the Tasaday tribe
in a remote location of the Phillipines.  There was a
major publicity rollout and the anthropologists responsible
assigned to them all the politically correct behaviour
anyone could dream of.  In other words, they were supposed
to be non-violent communists living in harmony with nature
and having no religion. My oh my.  The Tasaday were
revealed to be a total fraud.  See:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/tasadays.html

My worry is how this sort of herd mentality may be affecting
more important fields of scientific study.  I think we are
witnessing a minor aspect of this behavior in the suppression
of LENR-CANR research by the scientific establishment.

M.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com