I posted and

Steve Krivit replied

Ignorance, eh? How about information science? IMHO, the islands of ignorance map should have the U of Maryland in bright red.

Thomas,

Why? Because of his antics with CF?

It's Parksie's whole shtick. CF is one part of it, I assume you've heard his line, "I've yet to read a paper which proved CF". That was because when someone handed him a paper he let it slip through his fingers. Then there is his famous line, "I don't care about you isotopic ratios" Now I ask you, have you ever heard the line, my mind is made up, stop trying to confuse me with your evidence? Then there is his attacks on my right to purchase herbs. Do I want the Parksie retirement fund to pay for them? No. Is my taking herbs going to affect his health? No. But he's from the government, and he's here to help! Spare me. Then there is his attacks on energy medicine, a subject of which he has less understanding than does a pig about Easter. All I know is that I have used homeopathic preparations three times, and it was symptoms gone three out of three. If someone would give me a few million $, I'd love to run a study, is that going to happen? don't hold your breath. But, I digress.

Even Jed, atheist that he is, admits that there has to be some kind of an energy based intelligence which organized life. AFAIK, there have been many theorists who have attacked the second law of thermodynamics, and none of them have succeeded.

All what we in the Intelligent Design movement are asking is that children be instructed in how complicated a living organism is. Taking it one step further there is Ross's book Creator and the Cosmos. There are many conditions and physical constants: if any of them were changed, life would be impossible. It's not just an individual cell that's complicated, it's the whole web of life, which collectively reverses entropy both in concentrating solar energy into phytochemicals, it's the DNA. It's a control system which resets itself through the sexual fusion process. The biotechnicians were unable to come up with a function for the majority of DNA, so they labeled it "junk DNA." What hubris! IMHO, it acts as a receiver for a form of energy that we don't understand.

We are threatening their religion, and they don't like it one little bit!