On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 10/14/2005 11:43:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Here below is a link to an article that discusses how to make hoverboards and
> hovercars work based on Forcefield Air-cushion Technology:
>
> http://www.spacemagnetics.com/hovercraft/faq_hovercraft.html

The page is silly; it's about "ferrofluid-glob technology," not about
air-cushions or force fields.

This site strongly resembles one of the many "fake plans websites" that
plague the Free Energy arena.  When "Back to the Future" first came out,
there were some fake-plans companies selling stuff as well.  The creators
of these sites don't have any working technology, and their intent is to
sell expensive plans which do not work.  Don't trust them, and certainly
don't spend your money. See:

  FREE ENERGY FAQ:  "But plans are for sale!"
  http://amasci.com/freenrg/fefaq.html#plans

> I just bought a copy of their Hoverboard design notes at the above link,

Ask yourself this question:  if the design notes are a bunch of untried
speculations, and the authors are actually some college kids (or even
high-school kids) trying to make money by selling stuff on the internet,
HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR THEIR DESIGN NOTES?  My own answer would be:
zero.  I wouldn't spend any money, since I probably can come up with much
better speculations than dishonest non-scientists who are trying to gain
customers rather than trying to advance the research.  Also, always ignore
fancy blueprints: they're aimed at gullible people who can be deceived by
surface appearances.

> The above design notes that I purchased also give a practical design answer
> that works using ions and microwaves with electrostatics but which has to be
> researched more and fine tuned to be mass produced.

Meaning, "they haven't tried it themselves, that's why they can't post any
photos of their experiments."  Go look at the J. L.  Naudin site if you
want to see how genuine alt-science experimenters behave.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci