I agree with you Bob.  Getting a good seal will be the challenge of this
experiment.   I've seen a few electron micrographs of hydrogen is Si and
other metals and it is amazing how deep H will migrate into a lattice.
Jones Benne points to the S-bond.com.   It will take something more than
that to seal this structure at the high temps, high pressure and
embrittlement from hydrogen gas in this experiment.    Knowing the pressure
and core temp is a noble cause, but until replication is done, do we know
enough about the phenomena to pursue those experiments?