CB Sites--

Check out the following for LiAlH4 decomposition:
http://rspa.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/royprsa/211/1106/335.full.pdf

Mark Jurich provided a nice reference list on the properties of LiAlH4
yesterday,  Saturday, January 03, 2015 11:56 AM nere on Vortex-l. The one cited
above is from his list.

Bob
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: CB Sites
  To: vortex-l
  Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2015 10:04 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Ceramic-to-metal hermetic bonding

  You know Axil, maybe they are based on the internal pressure estimates I've
read here.  When the MFMP finally had the pressure transducer stabilized they
had 100psi which decreased linearly to 0 after power off.   A redo of that
experiment would be worth doing just to get the kinks out of the pressure
gauge.  Then you might see the disassociation of LiAlH4 to Li and H in the
pressure change.  As another vortexian mentioned, I don't think that has ever
been published.  So knowing PV=nRT the value 'n' can be deduced or the expected
value of P can be deduced with temp as some have already done.   Given a
temperature goal, and perhaps knowing the strength of the contain these can be
designed into the experiment.  So instead of worrying about seals, just design
a tube that can contain hydrogen gas at 1400C and be loaded with fuel under a
vacuum to maintain purity of the reactants.