At 09:27 PM 1/13/2015, Jones Beene wrote:
There have a number of comments about images from the Parkhomov/Rossi reactors which appear to show dark wires in front of a brightly glowing background.

Yet … we know that these wires should be strongly incandescent (unless the photo was taken immediately after the current was turned off)… and if the wires are powered, they will be glowing so brightly by themselves that they should not be seen as dark, even if the interior of the reactor were brighter than the wires themselves. There is no evidence that the current was off - so we should look for other explanations.

Don't trust uncalibrated photographs. The exposure is most likely set for the brightest area, and anything less bright will appear dark. Think sunspots.