Jed, if you review your figure 8 for the Oct 21 test that I am concentrating
upon you will see a plot of the reactor internal temperature.  It appears
pretty obvious that the internal temperature is quite high for a short period
of time and not during anywhere near the complete cycle.   Also, the reactor
wall temperatures are very restricted in time when compared to the drive pulse
dead time period.

I have a difficult time accepting the premise that the power is constantly
being generated during the complete period from this figure.  It is much more
likely to be restricted to .3 hours maximum.   Have you given this figure much
thought?

I do not expect the anonymous heat to be proportional to input power in any
linear fashion.   Also, the time domain emission of that heat will not match
the input.  My model does not really care about the exact shape of the input
pulse at this point, only the number of joules emitted.

Thanks for smoothing out the data for me.   What I see looks fairly clean.

I realize that there remains a major difference in opinion between you and Gigi
concerning the pump heating.  I want to remain out of that argument but need
the best proven information to use for my model.  He has done extensive curve
fitting and I have asked him to prove his case better.

Jed, the system time constant is a bit less than 6 hours.  That means that it
takes several of these periods before an input no longer effects the final
temperature.  What do you suppose will happen if the ambient takes a step
upwards?  It will be many hours before the transient finally settles out.  The
same will happen for a step in pump power as well.

I agree completely with you that if the ambient is completely stable and the
pump power constant then any change in the coolant temperature is directly
determined by the joules added by the drive power pulse and the excess power
waveform.  Unfortunately, that condition has not been met since the ambient is
changing constantly.  Also, since there is thermal leakage from the system, the
coolant temperature will slowly fall with the system time constant determining
the rate.  In this case the time constant is 5.84 hours according to Gigi's
excellent analysis.

We obviously do not agree in several important ways, but that should not be a
reason to prevent us from working as a team in order to prove that the Mizuno
system is generating excess power.  So far the indications are very positive,
but I aim for the best possible proof.  We are getting close to that goal.  You
will appreciate the end product of this exercise.

Dave