[This is strange. This message keeps coming back with an error. It is not
important, but let me post half of it to see what is rejected.

Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your vision of the LENR future is too limited.

I am not talking about LENR. I am talking about the economics and cost
efficiency of different energy systems, such as central generation, PV and
-- in the future -- LENR. Every technology has built-in imperatives, and a
built-in way in which it can be used to greatest advantage, at the least
cost.

When a new technology is developed there are usually many competing
standards and implementations. These are quickly narrowed down to one or
two. Examples:

Long-play vinyl records after WWII settled on 33 rpm and 45 rpm, replacing
70 rpm and other proposed standards.

There were some 6 different kinds of RAM memory circa 1970. By 1980, only
semiconductor memory survived. Things like bubble memory never had a
chance.

After 1980 personal computers quickly settled on the PC or Mac standard. At
this time, the Intel processor pushed other designs out out of the main
market. They survive only in niche applications. . . .

[to be continued]