Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

 I will look for the designs that I can repair. The LENR devices should be
> like a navy reactor where the sailors can do the repairs.

That is not going to happen, I am afraid. The whole trend of technology for
the past 50 years has been towards modularity and "no user serviceable
parts within."

Devices are designed to be closed and unbreakable for many reasons.
Basically, because it works better. Many devices cannot be fixed by you
because they were not made by humans in the first place. Computer chips and
the Prius engine can only be made by robots with super-human dexterity. We
will never be able to take these things apart or fix them. I am pretty sure
that all cold fusion devices will be controlled by computers integrated
into the design, and they will resemble things like ni-cad batteries, made
with purity and tolerances that only a robotic machine can achieve. Taking
one apart will be like trying to take apart and re-assemble a hard disk, or
an incandescent light.