Hi,
[snip]
>First, we can note that after the hydrogen is released from LiAlH4, the
>lithium remains alloyed to aluminum, since there is no intrinsic mechanism
>to separate the metals below the Li boiling point of 1342 °C which is
>closely approached, and this is notably where maximum COP occurs for
>Parkhomov.  In an alloy, lithium atoms near the boiling point would react
>differently than as an element. “Near-phase-change” could be the key to the
>exotherm and to promoting double ionization of Li.

According to wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_hydride) a less common
method of the preparation of LiH is by heating LiAlH4 (200 ºC).

Furthermore: "Thus removal of H2 requires high temperatures, well above the 700
°C used for its synthesis".

...so it would seem that at 1300 ºC it ought to decompose readily enough.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk