Hi,
[snip]
>To back up a bit – as far back as the early nineties, lithium was claimed to
>be responsible for most of the energy gain in electrolytic reactions, since
>as an doubly positive ion, Li has the characteristic energy “hole” define by
>Mills for promoting ground state redundancy. The first IP is 5.4 eV and the
>second is 75.64 eV and together, they present a deficit which is very close
>to the value of (3 x 27.2 = 81.6 eV). Nickel provides two more “holes” so
>the net reaction being demonstrated both here and for 25 years does fit into
>Mills’ model superficially. Yet achieving the ~76 eV to create the “hole” is
>almost out of the question for electrolysis in terms of probability and even
>at 1300 degrees it would be rare. Yet this can happen readily during
>energetic phase change (as Parkhomov has apparently demonstrated).

This is a misunderstanding. Li *metal atoms* present a hole (or energy sink) by
having two electrons for which the sum of the binding energies is 81.6 eV.

I.e. H + Li (note metal atom, not ion!) => Hy[n=1/4] + Li++ + excess energy.

IOW, by donating 81.6 eV to a Lithium atom(!), the H atom shrinks to H[n=1/4]
while at the same time the Li atom uses the energy released by the H atom to
become ionized to Li++.

In short the shrinkage reaction neither needs nor wants Li++. Rather it produces
it as an end product through the shrinkage reaction. The input material is an H
atom and a Lithium atom, both of which are readily available upon thermal
decomposition of LiH.

Once the catalytic reaction is complete, the newly formed Li++ ion may then, at
it's own discretion, reacquire a pair of electrons from the environment,
becoming neutralized in the process, after which it is once again available to
act as a catalyst for another shrinkage reaction.

Note also, that in electrolysis experiments both H and Li atoms will form at the
cathode, though the Li atom will be short lived, as it will rapidly react with
water. This means that the chances of living long enough to catalyze a shrinkage
reaction with a Hydrogen atom are small in electrolysis reactions.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk