From: Bob Higgins [mailto:rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 12:34 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:Seeing the Light

The LockTherm testing is certainly interesting, but it is not clear to me that
it has any advantage over Parkhomov.  I have seen no additional videos, nor
have I heard that they achieved excess heat.

An interesting phase of this whole Parkhomov/Rossi fuel is what is happening in
the 700-1100ºC range.  By 700ºC, both aluminum and LiH are melted.  LiH is an
ionic hydride with the hydrogen as an H- anion.  At temps of 900-1000ºC, the
LiH is reported to dissociate.  However, high ambient H2 pressure may keep the
LiH from dissociating until higher temperatures.  I think the high temperature
molten LiH + Al in contact with the Ni is a very interesting place to find LENR.

However, in the LockTherm case with only 5 bar of H2, the lower pressure may
allow the dissociation of the LiH in the 900ºC range, and the opportunity for
LENR may not exist until the temp reaches 700ºC where the LiH and AL have
melted.  This would perhaps leave a lesser, narrower temp range where LENR
could occur with their use of only 5 bar of H2 pressure.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Jones Beene