Axil, unless there is some limit on loading your talking about, both Nickel
and titanium will "load" hydrogen/deuterium into their lattice.  Titanium
was what Steve Jones first used in his first CF experiments because it
would load more deuterium than palladium greater than one I believe. .
Nickel doesn't load deuterium at all though, but would load hydrogen up to
0.8 H/Ni.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Anyway nitinol does load hydrogen just
a little too well. What ever causes nitinol's shape metal properties
disappears has hydrogen concentrates in the lattice.