I played with termite and stuff like that then I was young.

ignited termite with gunpowder and it melted steel.

On Tue, 17 Mar
2015 21:08:17 -0500, Jack Cole  wrote:
If it actually got hot enough
to ignite the thermite, that might melt the alumina. I was thinking Bob
said some time ago that it takes temps somewhere above 2000C to ignite
thermite. I haven't done the calculations for that yet.

On Tue, Mar