I believe that this last MFMP experiement is suffering from a undersized
fuel load. But a larger fuel load will most likely blowout the alumina tube
when the temperature hits the 600C critical temperature. The energy burst
from from a larger fuel load when the reactor hits that critical temperture
threshold will blowout the tube.

The amount of fuel used in the LENR reactor may be a critical parameter in
the robustness of the reaction. In the alumina tube reactor design, only a
very small amount of fuel can be tolerated. If too much fuel is used, a
blowout occurs. The oxide compound of the containment tube makes the
alumina tube hydrogen tight. In the latest MFMP reactor design, only a
fraction of a  gram fuel load is used and no blowout occurred. But the
reaction was not very vigorous.

Songsheng Jiang used another approach. His reactor is strong. It can
constrain and control far more fuel. His reaction shows bursts of power
that are very vigorous. This type of reaction would blowout an alumina
tube. But Jianr’s reactor is stainless steel which can resist bursts of
high LENR activity. Being a metal, the realitively high heat conductivity
and ductilibility of stainless steel will absorb and distribute the bursts
of LENR energy more readily than a ceramic tube would thus mitigating the
destructive potential of the energy bursts.

Jianr makes his reactor hydrogen tight by using a ceramic outer container.
That ceramic is probably an oxide that keeps the hydrogen that leaks
through the stainless steel contained. Like in a nuclear rector, the amount
of nuclear active material used is critical to keep the reaction under
control. The amount of fuel used must be matched with the strength of the
reactor’s ability to contain the reaction.

But more fuel makes the reaction proportionally more viable. Like fire, a
small fire is proportionally harder to manage than a large one. A large
reaction will mitigate any flaws in the reactor’s design and/or management.

A strong reactor design like the tungsten tube design that I have
previously recommenced would be able to hold a large amount of fuel and
fully able to contain the near instantanous energy bursts produced by that
large fuel load when the reactor hits the critical reaction startup
temperature. A strong metal reactor is the best way to show what LENR can
do.