From: Orionworks - Steven Vincent Johnson Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015
9:20 AM

FORTH is an interesting RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) programming language.
Quite primitive, but deceptively powerful once you get a handle of it.

I already liked RPN from using and programming my HP 11c calculator, but when I
started working on hardware design at Sun in the early 90’s I really fell in
love with Forth, since their boot monitor was implemented with it.  For
hardware debug, this was great, because I could write all kinds of hardware
diagnostics and stimulus loops with very little effort, and I didn’t need to
boot the OS to get a lot of lab work done.  Working on hardware without a
decent, programmable boot monitor has never been the same for me since.

-Bob