Yes, I'm Scotty :-) .

I  professionally learned assembly language on the PDP-11 which was a
beautifully designed CPU by Gordon Bell  -- simple and elegant.

( Correction, I first did programming on a Burroughs 220 and Control Data 1604

at Cornell where I had the run of the enormous computer room at night -- but
that dates me

to the mid 60's . )

The Motorola 6809 and 68000 were also inspired.

Then came Intel, who never could tolerate simplicity and made everything,
hardware and software unbelievably and uselessly complicated ( I sense

the designers came from the academic community. ) .

My favorite architecture is the PowerPC from IBM,  but the non-volatile FRAM
devices ( MSP430FR from TI ) hail back to the old magnetic core memory

days which was also non-volatile, and the MSP430's have quite a decent
instruction set to boot (pun not intended).

Hoyt Stearns

Scottsdale, Arizona US