Yes, my hypothesis is that the reactor tube was not empty when given to the
Lugano team to test - it had been pre-loaded with 62Ni.  They did their
dummy tests with the inert 62Ni by itself (and no H2).  When it came time
for Rossi to add the "fuel" powder, a sample of what he was putting in was
taken for analysis as the "fuel".  But, what Rossi put in was not the whole
fuel - only some LAH and some natural Ni to obscure the analysis.  When the
ash was analyzed, it was a mix of a large amount of 62Ni pre-loaded + a
smaller amount of natural Ni loaded as powder by Rossi after the dummy
test.  In the ash analysis, there was still 0.3% of 58Ni, probably from the
free "fuel" powder he added after the dummy test.  However, in my
hypothesis, the ash particles tested were mostly comprised of the original
62Ni that was pre-loaded into the reactor with a small amount of Ni that
was added when Rossi added the powder fuel.

The ICP-MS and AES only tested the particles that were sampled from Rossi's
powder fuel before he added it to the reactor, and then the particles that
were shaken loose from the sintered mass of ash in the reactor after the
experiment.  The ICP-MS analysis begins with chemical digestion of a few
small particles, I think in ultra-pure nitric acid.  This acid with the
dissolved metals is injected into the spectrometer.  ICP-MS only tests the
average composition of the digested particles in the acid.  ICP-MS does not
analyze the materials while still in the reactor like some sort of MRI.
AES is an optical emission spectrum measurement on the excited plasma that
feeds the mass spectrometer in the ICP machine - testing the same digested
particles.