From: Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Oct 15, 2015 8:02 pm
Subject: [Vo]:Re: Swedish scientists claim LENR explanation break-through

Dave--

The Li-7 would  pick up a neutron to reach Li-8 which decays to Be-8 by giving
up an electron and which in turn decays to 2 alphas with no radiation.  (The
the loose neutrons are slow and react quickly with the Li and Ni.  There is not
much else around.  A good Be outer shield could reflect any fast neutrons back
to the reaction zone.  The Li, and H would act as a good moderator to achieve
slow neutrons.  The Ni and Li-7 get rid of the excess neutrons with a good deal
of heat generated.

Bob