Jed, you should follow that link and might conclude that a further look at
other sources is in order.  I once assumed that global warming was an important
issue until I began looking into the data that is available to the public.

The reference that 97% of scientists believe that man is responsible for 90% of
the problem has been proven wildly wrong (<1% actually agree) but keeps being
stated over and over.  And, the long term historical data shows that global
climate temperature increases lead to greater carbon dioxide levels but not
strongly in the other direction.  Also, keep in mind that water is by far the
greatest contributor to the greenhouse effect (95%) but is beyond our control.
Study sun spots and cosmic ray effects on cloud formation if you want to
understand what is really happening.

I suspect that most of what we are witnessing in Paris is associated with an
attempt to gain a greater degrees of control over world resources by the UN and
member states.  I hope no one believes that any tax collected on the cost of
carbon is going to be returned over the long term.  At first maybe so, but
later these taxes will be used for general revenues.

One point to note is that the professor that started Gore on his quest many
years ago later came to the conclusion that he was wrong about man caused
warming.  Many others have followed suit but their perspectives are prevented
from being widely exposed by a system that protects itself to maintain access
to billions of dollars in research.  There is a parallel with LENR deniers who
act in their own self interest.

Dave