Mirrors last a long time in the desert? With wind and sand blowing? 375,000
motors turning? Taxpayers paid $1.6B for this plant, Google is a minority.

BTW this plant burns natural gas...
https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/ivanpah-may-be-burning-enough-natural-gas-to-qualify-for-cap-and-trade-in-c

I hope you are right.  I like distributed PV, not this albatross.