Jed:

"Suppose that in the 1990s someone had put a lot of money into solar CSP
technology. The cost might have fallen quickly and perhaps today it would
be cheaper than PV or wind"

Wrong, Ivanpah uses steam drum boiler technology and steam turbine
technology and Home Depot flat mirror technology that have been around for
100 years. Nothing to mature except maybe some of your robots to wash
mirrors.  Where are they?

Also, please show where Ivanpah is profitable, that division of NRG with a
share in Ivanpah had a net loss in Q3. Ivanpah was producing 40% less steam
and using 40% more natural gas and had higher than expected development
costs.