​​
Although it is only a proposal, here is an example from 2011 involving
thorium. Note that the term "gamma-ray" in this context refers to the
nuclear origin of the ray rather than its frequency. In this case the
gamma-ray has a frequency in the optical range. Also notice that the
thorium isomer is located within a compound of Lithium.

Proposed gamma-ray laser could emit 'nuclear light'
http://phys.org/news/2011-05-gamma-ray-laser-emit-nuclear.html

Harry

​​